Garlic pizza is the way to any garlic lover’s heart.
Why It Works
There are copious amounts of garlic in this garlic pizza recipe. Garlic shows up in the garlic pizza sauce and as pizza toppings.
Because the garlic is slowly cooked both in the garlic pizza sauce and in butter, the garlic brings a sweet taste, instead of the pungent punch you would taste if you ate the garlic raw.
This recipe won’t give you bad breath. But it will make your mouth water as you wait impatiently for the pizza to come out of the oven.
- 2 balls Pizza Dough
- 2 cup Garlic Pizza Sauce See our recipe for Garlic Pizza Sauce.
- 2 large sheets Parchment Paper
- 16 oz. Mozzarella Grated
- 8 oz. Parmigiano-Reggiano Grated
- 1 sprig Basil Approximately 6 inches (15 cm), about a handful of basil leaves.
- 3 tablespoon Butter Salted
- 3 heads Garlic
- Preheat the oven to 500ºF (260ºC).
- Collect all the ingredients.
Prepare The Garlic
- Peel the garlic cloves. Slice every clove thinly.
- Heat the butter in a frypan over medium heat. Add the sliced garlic. Turn the heat down to medium-low. Allow the garlic to fry in the butter for 10 minutes. The garlic should be golden brown. If it looks dark brown, turn the heat down to low to avoid burning the garlic.
Prepare The Pizza
- While waiting for the garlic to cook, roll out the pizza dough. Use a clean surface and dust lightly with flour.
- Move the rolled-out pizza dough on a sheet of parchment paper. Use your fingers to stretch out if you want the pizza to be thinner.
- Smear the garlic pizza sauce over the pizza dough.
- Evenly sprinkle half of the grated mozzarella cheese.
- Add half of the grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.
- Add the fried garlic slices on top of the cheese. Distribute half of the fried garlic evenly across the pizza.
- Bake the pizza in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Keep an eye on the pizza to ensure the crust doesn’t burn. If the edge of the crust turns dark brown, like it is on the verge of burning, turn the oven down to 450ºF (232ºC). Repeat steps 1-6 for the second ball of pizza dough to make another garlic pizza with the remaining ingredients.
- While the pizza is baking, thinly slice the basil. Stack the leaves together and roll into a cigar shape. Very thinly slice the basil. Garnish the pizza with the basil and cut into slices.
- Enjoy the garlic pizza!
- We didn’t include a recipe for pizza dough because there are so many great pizza dough recipes out there. The particular recipe we used has these ingredients:
- 4 cups flour
- 1 envelope yeast
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 cups water (110ºF water)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- This recipe already contains plenty of salt from the garlic pizza sauce, salted butter, mozzarella, and Parmigiano-Reggiano. Feel free to season with extra salt and pepper to taste.